Monday, January 19, 2009

A Misunderstanding at Confederacy Elementary


There was a misunderstanding at Confederacy Elementary in Cloverdale last week when Liddy Smith drew this picture for the teacher. Mrs. Olivia Smith sent this note to explain. All is well and Liddy's teacher's blood pressure has returned to normal.

Mrs. Jones's letter to Liddy's teacher:

Dear Mrs. Jones,

I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.
I work at Elrod's Hardware and Home Improvement on the High Street in Cloverdale and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had in the store. From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Smith

1 comment:

  1. Once in another school similar to Confederacy Elememtary in WestJOrdia,Brently Boogergotta,a 3rd grade urchin, asked his teacher what religion she was. Being politically correct, she replied. "My religion is my business...and not to be a topic during school." Brently Boogergotta, thought for a moment and then replied with glee, "Oh great, Mommy says we're both heathens then!!!" Brently made a connection with his teacher that day that would endure for years to follow....heathen (mono) e heathern (mono).... His mother denied
    she'd made such a comment....

    ReplyDelete