Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Easter Car on the Coastal Express


Hello Friends,
I'm hoping all of you are enjoying your Easter. I've returned from the annual Easter Egg Hunt at St. Bartholomew's. There is a story to tell as usual. Please refer to the post about Elizabeth and Jordan. Life in the Confederacy of Dunces is never boring. I'll enjoy spending a full week off work and in the company of fellow Dunces like myself.

I'm leaving shortly for Cloverdale's train station. Its such a beautiful day I think I'll catch the Coastal Express for a quick trip to Tamworth on the Tide, enjoy the sea air and return later this evening. Actually the Coastal Express has a different name on Easter. It's called 'The Easter Express".

Every Easter Confederacy Railway converts one car of the Coastal Express into the Sugar Kingdom. Everyone with a first class ticket is allowed into the Sugar Kingdom with a small Easter basket. You are given exactly one minute in the room and cannot take more than your basket will hold. Its maddening to hear the word "Go!" and know you've got one minute to fill a small basket with candy. The selection is astounding! Thirty seconds passes before you gain your composure and start to grab as quickly as you can.

Well, It's nearly 3:00 P.M. and I'd better be on my way. It takes fifteen minutes to walk to the station and the Easter Express leaves at 3:30 P.M.

Enjoy your Easter. I'm sure I will mine.

Victor

No comments:

Post a Comment