- From 9:00 - 11:00 A.M. Quilting at the Saved By Grace Lutheran Church.
- The Flavors of Coca-Cola at the Piggly Wiggly. Did you know Coca-Cola has different sodas for the international market? Come to Piggly Wiggly and taste them for yourselves (while supplies last).
- Fancy Cake Decorating Class at the Moss Wonderland Bakery from 10:00 - 11:00 A.M.
- Cricket at the Park all afternoon.
- Today is the last day of Sports Camp at the Comprehensive School. This is a day camp starting at 8:00 A.M. ending at 4:00 P.M. Today, volleyball, handball, baseball, and dodgeball.
- The Red Owl Grocery Store has a balloon artist at the check out stands all day today to entertain your youngsters while you wait to check out.
- Margaret Wilburly Snell will be offering twenty minute guided tours of her Gnome collection populating her front and back gardens between 3:00 and 4:00 P.M. She spent the better part of the week preparing her garden for the wedding reception of her niece, starting at 6:00 P.M. this evening so "It has never looked better," according to Margaret.
- Mr. Harold Twinker will be returning to Cloverdale on the 6:00 P.M. train from Fernwood on the Moor. He returns after spending two weeks on an African Safari in Kenya. Harold's last telegram indicated a desire to speak about his adventures through the heart of Africa at the next Clovershire Geographic Society's meeting held at the village library Tuesday next.
- The Odd Fellow's Club of Cloverdale will meet this evening at 7:00 P.M. at the Methodist Church.
- St. Bartholomew's School is sponsoring a parish wide yard sale on the school grounds all day today. The proceeds will help defray the costs of sending the senors to Rome next Spring on Pilgrimage. (this trip will take the place of Prom. The seniors were a bit too 'hands on' at last year's prom causing the supervising nuns great distress). Greasy Griswald will have several new acquisitions on sale from his antique shop just like last year. Remember, 'Old' is Greasy's speciality!
- Finally, this evening the village will have the privilege of hearing the Clovershire Community Orchestra at the Comprehensive School's Theater starting at 8:00 P.M. Featured tonight, The Typewriter Song. Please watch the video below and afterwords make plans to attend. It will be the cultural highlight of the month. Everyone who is Anybody in Cloverdale will be there.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Today's Community Events.
This Weekend in Cloverdale. July 24